Click here to return to the Lineage II Firebird website

Fatal exploit: Item duplication found

Posted by Administrator 
Fatal exploit: Item duplication found
04. January 2019 15:20:01

Dear adventurers.

Yesterday night we found signs of duplicated items during a random
check of the database. We immediately took a closer look and found proof
of item duplications in December 2018 especially from one clan.
Regular items as well as weapons and armor parts were duplicated.
The dimension of this incident is not yet fully determined, but it's probably huge.

We did some quick research and blocked over 25 accounts immediately.
The server was also patched with a temporary fix to stop this exploit as fast as possible.

Today we had a very long internal discussion about how to proceed
further with this huge problem as well as the server.
The discussion is still going on.

We decided to write this post to inform all our players about what happened.
As always, we are not going to reveal any names.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this causes.

Yours sincerely,
Lineage II Firebird Administrator

Re: Fatal exploit: Item duplication found
04. January 2019 15:56:38

Just wipe of all players. Back to the Future! Back to C1!!! grinning smiley

04. January 2019 16:06:28

The good news is that this disgrace was revealed.

04. January 2019 16:45:57

I hope it's not the Russians?

Lazy mapper

04. January 2019 18:33:39

Good news this was found and prevented. Thank you!

04. January 2019 20:09:01

hunt down the infidels! \o/ hot smiley

04. January 2019 21:19:02

Thanks a lot to Admin for acting fast and dealing with the issue. I'm sure every single player appreciates your hard work and dedication.
I know you are probably very busy and still assessing the damage but is there any risk of wipe or rollback or we can keep playing? Also is there any chance this thing will delay C3 launch or everything stays as planned?

04. January 2019 22:40:27

Cheetintg kills the game. Kranrot, great thanks for your guard. No mercy!

04. January 2019 23:55:00

Thanks Admin, we appreciate your efforts to keep this server clean of exploiters!

05. January 2019 09:23:06

Orc will speak. Boss, you do a great work to create a most unic and good La2 server in the world. I think, we all appeciate this, but sometime there are cheaters who tried to destroy fair play. it`s very sad, but reality. Most importantly, try not to get upset yourself! Thanks for all your work!

05. January 2019 10:32:27

"As always, we are not going to reveal any names." - There is nothing worse than hiding the truth. If someone has learned that some individuals are fraudsters, then it is highly desirable to convey this information to all. By the way, I suspect that among the scams was the one who banned me in the Russian-language branch, for what I wrote the truth about what is happening in the country in which I have the misfortune to live. What do bad people fear most? The truth! Therefore, they always try to slander those who write the truth. Therefore, we should not hide the truth that these people who tried to pull on the masks of the righteous are scammers! In addition, if there are many Russian-speaking players among the fraudsters, I propose to destroy the Russian-speaking branch of the forum. Anyway, my best posts in this thread, and the posts of other honest Russian players were removed from there. Therefore, the remaining content does not represent any value.

05. January 2019 10:57:55

sirLeroi
By the way, I suspect that among the scams was the one who banned me in the Russian-language branch, for what I wrote the truth about what is happening in the country in which I have the misfortune to live.
Umm, how about no? What even makes you say this thing? Yes, you were banned for this exact reason: for telling the truth about country we live in. In places where you was told not to do so. Here we try to abstract from all these things, not to embrace them. Keep the politics on other resources. And stop with your off-topics please.

05. January 2019 11:24:19

New lie! I did not write posts about politics! But you considered such posts, in which I explain that the reasons for the fact that I, not fluent in English, play on a foreign server, are in the fundamental and fundamental shortcomings of Russian servers. But having written something like this, I could not explain why all Russian servers have such disadvantages. And it was impossible to explain without mentioning that in all this (short time of life, PC-lawlessness of representatives of southern players, etc., etc.) are caused by the economic and political features of some of today's rulers! But I mentioned this very briefly and without details! But you, because of 10% of the text, deleted posts completely! What characterizes your incompetence as a moderator! A normal moderator edits posts, removing fragments that are doubtful for his perception from them, and does not delete posts completely because of these fragments!

05. January 2019 11:58:11

sirLeroi
New lie! I did not write posts about politics!
but you do here and now (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻┻

Know about time, place and manner!
This a wrong place for that a wrong time for that and have manners to refrain yourself from blaming all and everything on it!

Or do you want a Pole to join in your Russian politics, I assure you I am politically incorrect and intorelant as well as educated in history... So, don't bring to me Russian politics on the Lineage2 game forum in annoucment section, ok?

05. January 2019 12:06:42

My spoiler was previously in clan KranrotInstitute. But having understood that there are too many of those who are like you, I left him. Just did not reach the hands to remove this clan from the profile. But I will do it.

07. January 2019 15:22:19

Administrator
Dear adventurers.

Yesterday night we found signs of duplicated items during a random
check of the database. We immediately took a closer look and found proof
of item duplications in December 2018 especially from one clan.
Regular items as well as weapons and armor parts were duplicated.
The dimension of this incident is not yet fully determined, but it's probably huge.

We did some quick research and blocked over 25 accounts immediately.
The server was also patched with a temporary fix to stop this exploit as fast as possible.

Today we had a very long internal discussion about how to proceed
further with this huge problem as well as the server.
The discussion is still going on.

Lineage II Firebird Administrator

This is a big FAIL of this server! Admin make a wipe of all server characters and set up a good and clean client either C4 or Classic (mr&mrs Blunt)

07. January 2019 16:27:58

This is a big FAIL of this server! Admin make a wipe of all server characters and set up a good and clean client either C4 or Classic (mr&mrs Blunt)

You are strange oO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login