Click here to return to the Lineage II Firebird website

Newcomer looking for hints

Posted by Whozzy 
Newcomer looking for hints
19. February 2019 22:26:33

Hello everyone, fresh new member here!
I've already downloaded the client and created an account, but before creating my first character I'd like to get some hints.
There is any "better" race/class to start with?
I know that I should play whatever I prefer but I want to be useful too. I'm thinking about starting with a Scavenger/BH, is it a good idea? Is a BH always useful or there are already too many of them in the server?
I'm a PvE oriented player and the idea of maining dwarves doesn't bother me at all!

Re: Newcomer looking for hints
19. February 2019 22:49:57

Hi and welcome!
The statistics page here can give you an idea of how common the different classes are. Dwarves are fairly common since many people have them as alts. Either way, more dwarves never hurt, if you're interested in it.
Summoners are good classes for solo people for example, since they're less reliant on gear, so overall it depends on your playstyle (solo? party? raid? use box or only 1 char? etc)

My point is, it's a small server therefore there's not much reason to being picky, people are very unlikely to refuse you only based on the class you're playing. Just being active is probably more useful than choosing the "right" class.

20. February 2019 00:05:14

Thank you May for your answer!
Exactly because this is a small server I suppose that solo playing will be inevitable at times. But it would be cool to join a clan or just make some friends to play with!

20. February 2019 01:36:03

There are some good clans, so if you an active player in EU/AM timezone, it's not a problem to find a company.

20. February 2019 09:01:38

On server: Dwarven Fighter - 332, Scavenger - 87, Bounty Hunter - 36. More than representatives of other professions. For example: Tyrant - 7 (one of them is mine), Overlord - 7 (one of them is mine). It would seem that a good solution, but not all the resources you can quickly sell on the MDT ...

20. February 2019 13:30:47

Hello and welcome to Firebird!

You can play any class but if you plan to get to high lvl, having a spoiler is highly recommended to farm all the mats you will need to craft your B/A gear. There are several crafters so i don’t recommend making one. Like you said, play a class you will enjoy. This server is x1 so if you like it you will spend a lot of time playing here, hence why you should play a class you like.

There are several clans: Russians (Seven Craft, Dark Side, Silver Tower, War Cry?), Europeans (Feel Free, Wacky Pack) or international (Dark Legion). To see the full clan list, do alt + b while online and click on the clan tab.

I’m one of the officer in Dark Legion. Our members are about half and half North American and European and we are in an alliance with Seven Craft. We have a few spots open but almost all our members are 30+ with the majority being 40+. If you want to join us you need to be lvl 20+. We can discuss it online. PM Sockett/Ratchett, Neetika, Glacialdaw or Perceval/Quickshadow.

See you online!

20. February 2019 14:30:32

I think I will opt for a spoiler so!

@Sun: Thanks for the advice about the mats!

Thank you all guys for your kind replies! See you soon in game!

20. February 2019 15:22:51

Good morning people I'm thinking of playing a Phantom Summoner but I'd like to know if the skills of 1 job (Twister) do damage to high level monsters (50+).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onore Decade!

Naru - Dark Wizard - lv 26
Serena - Cleric - lv 25

20. February 2019 15:57:19

Not much. Mostly it would be 1 damage or half damage

20. February 2019 16:29:47

Trust
Not much. Mostly it would be 1 damage or half damage

Oks tks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onore Decade!

Naru - Dark Wizard - lv 26
Serena - Cleric - lv 25

21. February 2019 09:30:15

Sun
There are several clans: Russians (Seven Craft, Dark Side, Silver Tower, War Cry?), Europeans (Feel Free, Wacky Pack) or international (Dark Legion). To see the full clan list, do alt + b while online and click on the clan tab.

A little more info on the russian clans: three of them (Seven Craft, Dark Side, Silver Tower) were involved to a different extent in a big scandal recently which resulted in a sizeable chunk of people exiting Seven Craft and many of them heading into Silver Tower.

So, if you are a russian or someone else who speaks Russian and wants to join a Russian-speaking clan, just be aware that there are heavy underwater currents and the decision regarding which specific clan to join is an important one. Same for those considering alliances.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21.02.2019 09:33:43 by skeet.

21. February 2019 11:10:36

Not all clans are shown at the above mentioned address. Clans with a level below level 2 are not shown. Therefore, keep in mind that there is still a Russian-speaking clan CLAYMORE in which you can be accepted if you have already reached the farm in the vicinity of Dion. Applications leave in topic Lady dwarf. The clan has Overlord having 44 levels.

21. February 2019 11:37:13

Actually, if you an english speaking player, I recommend you DarkLegion clan. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21.02.2019 11:37:32 by Jack.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login