Click here to return to the Lineage II Firebird website

Macros interrupting when switch windows

Posted by Jack 
Macros interrupting when switch windows
10. April 2018 04:21:49

I made a macro for buffing target, but when I switch active window (via mouse click in another window or by pressing Alt+TAB ) the macros interrupts. Is it correct behavior? I remember that at least in Gracia chronicles one could run buff macro and switch to another window (into browser for example).

P.S.: according to forums in C2 macros in inactive window should work (if I correctly understand) - [boards.lineage2.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10.04.2018 04:43:14 by Jack.

Re: Macros interrupting when switch windows
10. April 2018 08:33:32

throw the macro on the quick panel and turn the keys F1-F12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10.04.2018 08:36:12 by Kiirii.

10. April 2018 13:59:03

Nope, doesn't work. Using macros by F1 key, then press Alt+TAB and macro interrupts.

10. April 2018 14:10:16

Every button, pressed due macros working, makes him to interrupt.

10. April 2018 14:48:46

I've read the help. In the former chronicles, Gracia at least, I could start the macros (to buff for example) and then swith to another window. I linked thread from legacy lineage 2 forum where was discussion about these change around C5 chronicles (http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=138039). So I'm just asking: is this is an official behavior?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10.04.2018 14:49:21 by Jack.

10. April 2018 17:32:29

I use a buff macro too and I can switch from one window to the other using alt + tab and my macro still works fine. But if you start the macro and press any key other than alt + tab, the macro stops. Maybe this is what you are doing?

I have a bug that I have to hit the macro shortcut twice for it to actually works but that's another topic smiling smiley

11. April 2018 03:00:56

Just as another example... I am also using buff macros and alt+tab doesn't interrupt the casting animation for me either. However, if I click anywhere on screen, the macro will stop.

12. April 2018 02:56:40

I've tried many times, with hot-keys and mouse clicking, switching with Alt+TAB and mouse - neither work. Maybe the problem in my hw/sw/os...

Anyway, I want to share the macro, which I develop to kill ghouls in EG (I'm playing SO34 with wolf 30). Mybe someone find it useful...

17. April 2018 14:16:12

Never worked for me either. I think in L2 classic it does work if i remember well but in early chronicles it never did. When you press a button the macro cancels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login