Click here to return to the Lineage II Firebird website

Evasion Guide for Daggers

Posted by Atrophical 
Evasion Guide for Daggers
31. March 2018 14:10:33

Many people ask me why i run around with Tempered Mithril Set and not Plated Leather. Well its an easy answer...if you dont have every possible Buff in the game and depend on a PP then Evasion is the best possible stat for a Dagger. Ofc things change a lot if you have Vampiric Rage then you can go on full STR + Focus on the Dagger. But for now this is the most sustain setup with no sitting.
My current Setup is: Mithril Set (+4 Evasion) , Dex +5 (+3 Evasion) , Dark Screamer SA Evasion (+3 Evasion) That is a total of +10 Evasion. What means my lvl 40 Abyss Walker equals the Evasion of a Lvl 50 Abyss Walker. This Setup works for every Dagger class the same way. TH will have slightly lower Evasion due to lower base DEX.
I took some Screenshots to show you have strong Evasion works in early Chronicles.

I know Plated Leather + Dark Screamer Focus gives much more damage but i really dont care about damage if you have to sit every 3 mins because my PP is out of mana. I rather play clever and sustain. And i seriously can recommend this build to any future Dagger player.

Here some pics: Pay attention how often i can evade hits on a mob. Mob: Timak Orc Level 40 so equal my level. If i would kill mobs 2-4 level under my level i wouldnt get touched even.So this setup works also very well withouta buffer if you hunt green mobs. I didnt calculate it but from the first view i would say this is roughly about 60%-70% Evasion~

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 31.03.2018 17:34:43 by Atrophical.

Re: Evasion Guide for Daggers
31. March 2018 18:34:15

Pretty nice setup, when you`re exping alone, with only PP at your back, in wide areas where mobs are far from each other, and every single one dealing melee physical attacks. Yeah, right.

31. March 2018 20:31:12

EmilNarud
Pretty nice setup, when you`re exping alone, with only PP at your back, in wide areas where mobs are far from each other, and every single one dealing melee physical attacks. Yeah, right.

Yes ofc you have to consider not killing where spell damage is, then all the setup is fucked up. Pure right click mobs are the best to hunt.

01. April 2018 01:27:36

Yeah, it is called "Evasion guide", but maybe "no sit" possible even with AW+Bow ?

01. April 2018 14:06:02

Daleche
Yeah, it is called "Evasion guide", but maybe "no sit" possible even with AW+Bow ?

I dont know what you wanna tell me. You wanna play an AW with a Bow and you asking If you will have downtime? Obviously yes. Bow = use mana. No mana = sit.

01. April 2018 15:46:32

Ok, seems like i must walk from far away.

- Againts mobs 49+ your evasion still looks great. But missid hits from them, much more painful.
- Depending on mobs. And this is not just about spell damage. Many melle mobs have painful skills, or just stun.
- Your PP have more health than you =)

I trying to speak about bows, like about good possible alternative against this "cool looking" extreme sex with 1 mob.
I have a good bow, but i not have SA cheap shot, et. Thats why i cant test it by myself, and thats why i write "maybe" bow is also good for AW ?
No mana - switch to dagger, damage classes is always expensive.

01. April 2018 16:42:37

Daleche
Ok, seems like i must walk from far away.

- Againts mobs 49+ your evasion still looks great. But missid hits from them, much more painful.
- Depending on mobs. And this is not just about spell damage. Many melle mobs have painful skills, or just stun.
- Your PP have more health than you =)

I trying to speak about bows, like about good possible alternative against this "cool looking" extreme sex with 1 mob.
I have a good bow, but i not have SA cheap shot, et. Thats why i cant test it by myself, and thats why i write "maybe" bow is also good for AW ?
No mana - switch to dagger, damage classes is always expensive.

Seriously i just dont understand your english. I dont know what you are referring to. Dont know what you wanna tell me or show me but i still try to answer the best way i can do.

- If they miss the hits you get no damage...so its not more painful at all.
- Yes many mobs have skill damage. What you do is ignore them and choose a place without skill damage. There are tons of places without skill usage. Alligator Island the Crokians and alligators for example.
- My PP does have more health but i dont need health because i go on Evasion + iam a Damage class and not a Tank. I dont need +CON in any case. So the stat "HP" or "CON" is no issure for a Dagger.

If you have Adena to buy a Emi bow+ cheap shot then you obviously have enough Adena to not depend on Evasion. I actually dont wanna argue about anything i just wanted to show that this is a possible way.
So to answer your question yes a Bow could be also good to have for an AW

02. April 2018 18:01:19

Did you notice any increase in Blow skills land-rate after increasing your DEX?

02. April 2018 21:57:31

Chunkook
Did you notice any increase in Blow skills land-rate after increasing your DEX?

Hard to tell. I barely used any Blows before 40. Mostly i was using Accuracy Toggle. Pure from stats DEX incrase landrate so i guess its few % higher...dont know by how much but maybe 5-10%?

03. April 2018 06:48:17

Personally, I think this is a pretty clever use of mechanics and tactics to solve the downtime problem that exists here on Firebird. Obviously, we don't all have access or the time needed to create our own personal buffer armies, and we also all know that melee classes are the most time consuming to level so this approach is great. I know Senti uses a similar approach with his SR. Nice work Atroph, and thanks for sharing mate!

Chicken Mafia <")3
Marbella - WS (Main)
MrsWizard - SE
Jibraltar - BH

03. April 2018 16:47:11

Btw:
Bers 1lvl = -2 evasion
Bers 2lvl = -4 evasion

03. April 2018 17:39:38

Daleche
Btw:
Bers 1lvl = -2 evasion
Bers 2lvl = -4 evasion

no, not in this chronicle

03. April 2018 23:36:23

Atrophical

Btw:
Bers 1lvl = -2 evasion
Bers 2lvl = -4 evasion

no, not in this chronicle
Exactly; does not apply here. Daleche, I'm not sure why you're so intent on arguing against this approach, but maybe let it go. I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, but just because it's not what you would do does not mean others don't appreciate a little insight and guidance if they've never played a dagger before. It's helpful to newer players, or those who are looking to find ways to be more efficient.

05. April 2018 06:03:16

From the beginning here i made a lot of mistakes, based on the differences in the chronicles, probably i still have "Interlude-thinking".
I hope that this inaccuracy will not lead anyone to a catastrophe, especially when it is already corrected by author, my bad. =)

**** Khavali ***************************************
*why you're so intent on arguing*
*I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion*

Fortunately, i have no confidence in everything i see for the first time.
I like to talk, demonstrating a brilliant command of the language, which has already been noted here. Make mistakes, to test something.
Argue? Perhaps you see more than me, because i find that this is a conversation, a maximum is a discussion.
We have already agreed that "Bow could also be good to have for an AW".
Further, i had some more thoughts, but for now i will leave them with me, especially after the author's words about "I actually dont wanna argue about anything i just wanted to show...".
I also try to play not standard, change something. That's why i'm so interested.
Thank you.

05. April 2018 17:35:27

Daleche
Fortunately, i have no confidence in everything i see for the first time.
I also try to play not standard, change something. That's why i'm so interested.
Thank you.

Then this should convince you actually smiling smiley Numbers on screenshot dont lie. Also this is not very standard and based on screenshots what i tested myself many times it does work.
Try it out on your own and find out what you think then

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login