Click here to return to the Lineage II Firebird website

Is that fair?

Posted by MarySue 
Is that fair?
25. May 2019 01:20:29

On behalf of my friends…
On the other day my friends and myself were attempting to farm some raid bosses. Rather successfully, but not until we encroached on a raid boss whose drop list contained some valuable items, not the junk which some other low-level raid bosses dropped. So nobody really cared if we killed those ones. But Tiger Hornet… a prey on whole other level, don’t you agree lads? So we started to farm it, but then…
A wild Destroyer appeared! Paying us no mind – we were but grains of sand to him, I gather – he started attacking Tiger Hornet. He obviously had some buffs, which means that character was placed on this spot with an intention to farm the boss when it respawns. I don’t mind that, if the owner of that character can supply equipment and whatnot to farm the boss solo – I can only applaud to that dedication and skill. But we were there first. It is only a matter of courtesy to step aside and let us farm the boss. But I am a person of old-fashioned upbringing who lives by such concepts as honour, courtesy… others may have different opinion and say that he had every right to stop us from killing Tiger Hornet.
I don’t remember who attacked first, but in a half a second that destroyer was lying dead at our feet. He killed one of us too, though, it’s not like we PK’ed him.
So, he lost. NOW’s time to step aside, is it not? Not really. Now a wild Silver Ranger appeared, clad in B-grade equipment with a Bow of Peril in his hands. We were finished in a minute, of course. He then proceeded to disappear somewhere in the hills. Ok, I then resurrected everyone and we have decided to lead the boss and its minions away, just in case that PK decided to return. We have done so, but we were understandably shaken. Tiger Hornet killed us, someone dropped something, and a mage in a Karmian robe ran over to us and picked up our dropped gear. That was so petty… xD But then… he for some reason hit the boss with his spell and turned to stone. I have no idea what was that about.
Anyway that mage logged off and relogged as destroyer and killed tiger hornet, and got his oh so very valuable items. I’m happy for him.
Tl;dr: people farm raid bosses with destros wearing top gear and with enchanted weapons in their very muscled green arms. Whatever, right? But others want to farm raid bosses too, newsflash. Anyway it’s only 20 something lvld RB, I’m afraid to imagine what these farmers do with someone who tries to farm 40+ RBs. Yeah.
Today he killed us again when we tried to farm Zombie Lord Farakelsus. Same old destro, same old archer with BoP. Make of that what you will.

Re: Is that fair?
25. May 2019 01:23:23

25. May 2019 10:39:18

Our point is... if you are a person who farms low level RBs for loot, but not experience, I ask you to consider to step aside if you see beginners farming said RBs. You will not lose anything apart from some D items, but beginners will get an opportunity to receive a lot of experience and loot. Do not hog all bosses to yourself, this is not very nice. But again, this is just a favour that we ask of you. Clearly, no rules are broken with this situation, this is just a part of the game process. But please, let beginners to boost their characters. This is an investment in the future, you will play with these people when they'll lvl up. Otherwise you will play on an empty, but monopolized server.

25. May 2019 13:23:08

Sorry you have to deal with this asshole. Hope it doesn’t discourage you to keep playing on the server.

25. May 2019 17:49:50

MarySue
On behalf of my friends…
On the other day my friends and myself were attempting to farm some raid bosses. Rather successfully, but not until we encroached on a raid boss whose drop list contained some valuable items, not the junk which some other low-level raid bosses dropped. So nobody really cared if we killed those ones. But Tiger Hornet… a prey on whole other level, don’t you agree lads? So we started to farm it, but then…
A wild Destroyer appeared! Paying us no mind – we were but grains of sand to him, I gather – he started attacking Tiger Hornet. He obviously had some buffs, which means that character was placed on this spot with an intention to farm the boss when it respawns. I don’t mind that, if the owner of that character can supply equipment and whatnot to farm the boss solo – I can only applaud to that dedication and skill. But we were there first. It is only a matter of courtesy to step aside and let us farm the boss. But I am a person of old-fashioned upbringing who lives by such concepts as honour, courtesy… others may have different opinion and say that he had every right to stop us from killing Tiger Hornet.
I don’t remember who attacked first, but in a half a second that destroyer was lying dead at our feet. He killed one of us too, though, it’s not like we PK’ed him.
So, he lost. NOW’s time to step aside, is it not? Not really. Now a wild Silver Ranger appeared, clad in B-grade equipment with a Bow of Peril in his hands. We were finished in a minute, of course. He then proceeded to disappear somewhere in the hills. Ok, I then resurrected everyone and we have decided to lead the boss and its minions away, just in case that PK decided to return. We have done so, but we were understandably shaken. Tiger Hornet killed us, someone dropped something, and a mage in a Karmian robe ran over to us and picked up our dropped gear. That was so petty… xD But then… he for some reason hit the boss with his spell and turned to stone. I have no idea what was that about.
Anyway that mage logged off and relogged as destroyer and killed tiger hornet, and got his oh so very valuable items. I’m happy for him.
Tl;dr: people farm raid bosses with destros wearing top gear and with enchanted weapons in their very muscled green arms. Whatever, right? But others want to farm raid bosses too, newsflash. Anyway it’s only 20 something lvld RB, I’m afraid to imagine what these farmers do with someone who tries to farm 40+ RBs. Yeah.
Today he killed us again when we tried to farm Zombie Lord Farakelsus. Same old destro, same old archer with BoP. Make of that what you will.
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]

We have met many players or groups RB farming and we have never had any problem before. We respect one simple unspoken rule: whoever ready first will take, who not will move on to the next one. You can’t just sit one character at the RB and consider the RB is yours.

Now, to the incident:
We already had the raidboss near dead at lower then 20% HP when MarySue the dark mage and friends started attacking our raider. His HP was already so low from fighting the RBs and minions so he could not sustain your twister strike damage and quickly dead.

While there are at least 3 more RBs of the same level available elsewhere near Gludio and Gludin, your group decided to kill our raider out right to take the raidboss that we almost killed. How’s that fair?

We would have been very happy to assist you down next raidboss. However, you never said a word but went on to kill our raider outright to steal the almost dead RB for yourself, yes the very same raidboss that we killed all minions and did 90% damage to. How are we supposed to do?

Look, we are all about welcoming new players to Firebird. We‘re happy to see you and your friends playing here. In fact, your friend yangyu/mingzhao was raiding with us before and we gave him fair share amount of keys and enchanted drop.

25. May 2019 19:22:03

Now now. First of all, our group met yours near Tiger Hornet. We were already raiding it, as I recall we have already halved its HP bar, and then destroyer named Lihn started to attack it. We killed that character - not PK'd him, mind you, he killed MarySue before he died - and then Silver Ranger with BoP killed our group. That's what happened. You broke your own rule, did you not? Very welcoming environment indeed.
Now for when MarySue attacked you when you were farming Zombie Lord Crowl. After our first encouner with you we were not pleased, as you can imagine. Evidently we wanted revenge for the deaths of our characters and drop you took from us. That was two Elven earrings and NG gauntlets. I hope those very valuable items served you very well. Thats why we killed you there. Eye for an eye, no? But then you PK'd us again, but still. grinning smiley
I do not enjoy being enemies with someone and I hope we can make up somehow. But you will have to admit that you were in the wrong first. At this moment we are clearly out of your league: you are stronger that us, you have better equipment. You can kill our group with that BoP of yours with ease, but will that be right?
We are not dishonest. We do not kill a person when they farm a RB to hog it to ourselves. But it was you who started it. And you do not have the right to complain about our alleged dishonesty.
Yes, and for the record, when I was raiding with you my share was two EAC and 6 pieces of some armour. I am grateful that you gave me these items. But let's leave it at that.

25. May 2019 20:49:02

In subject " Lady dwarf " in post exhibited "23. May 2019 09:21:53" I described how I last went to a raid boss. My character (destroyer) died several times. And only once was able to win raid boss. And I am surprised that some players behave very strangely. Instead of thanking those who came to help them cope with raid boss they scold him! We need to have serious problems with logical thinking, so as not to understand that the more people attack raid boss, the more likely it is to defeat him! In addition, raid boss, as well as any monsters in any locations do not belong to anyone. You did not pay anyone for the right to single-handedly attack raid boss. And all players have the right to attack at any time any monsters are exactly the same. The same applies to raid boss. And I was very surprised to find such unreasonable and illogical posts on the forum ...

29. May 2019 22:40:54

Since this a "respect each other" kind of server, i say ban the silver ranger and destroyer. Those persons are the ones that step over anyone for any reason just because they can (and thats why they want free pvp). This server would turn into single clans that can afford fighting all the time, the rest of players will need to leave or be like slave or something.

Its common sense you need, apes have no common sense. I hope admin can sort this off because if i will face the same problems then is not worth spending any more time in this server.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29.05.2019 22:59:23 by syllabear3.

29. May 2019 23:31:11

Another really, really simple solution would be: remove raid bosses and poles.

For example, today i bought a brigandine helmet for 350k that took me days farm it. These guys that monopolize raidbosses are stacking items all fucking day and how long does it take them to kill a rb? 5'? Less?
Lets be reasonable @Administrator. Man, i really want to play the server but you are not balancing shit and exploiters and abusers seems to plague it. I don't want to lose yet another 4 accounts for you to start taking action because that would be the last time.

30. May 2019 10:40:07

I'm surprised that some of them, in four weeks, failed to understand that this is one of the best servers dedicated to Lineage II. Evidence of which is that I play on it. And I played on a variety of servers and understand this topic. And although the server forum leaves much to be desired (the Russian-language branch was destroyed by an unsuccessfully appointed moderator who, besides his excellent knowledge of the English language, has no advantages, but many shortcomings (the fact that he jumps from clan to clan is another proof of that)), but he not very bad. However, you did not bother to familiarize yourself with the forum, otherwise they would not have written what they wrote above. Therefore, I give you a hint: "This list is still work-in-progress!" - http://www.l2-firebird.com/story/hall-of-shame/index/?sessionid=lurker This is proof that the Administrator is closely monitoring those who violate the game rules and punish violators. Therefore, if you learned about the violators of the rules - write about them to the Administrator. And do not break the rules yourself. In this case, you expect a long and pleasant game on this server. And for posts on the forum (since its Russian-language branch is killed by inadequate moderation), use translate.google.ru how i do it.

30. May 2019 15:20:35

syllabear3
Since this a "respect each other" kind of server, i say ban the silver ranger and destroyer. Those persons are the ones that step over anyone for any reason just because they can (and thats why they want free pvp). This server would turn into single clans that can afford fighting all the time, the rest of players will need to leave or be like slave or something.

Its common sense you need, apes have no common sense. I hope admin can sort this off because if i will face the same problems then is not worth spending any more time in this server.

All right. It is necessary to ban everyone who is stronger than you smiling smiley E = envy smiling smiley)))

30. May 2019 19:13:45

cebrillion

All right. It is necessary to ban everyone who is stronger than you smiling smiley E = envy smiling smiley)))

I barely ever envy anyone, and less for a person that dedicates a lot of time exploiting a game to get items advantage and then use them against other players while boosting themselves.
You really can't catch it right? There is already a lot of unbalance between clans that have everything (one way or another, lets not say everyone exploited or cheated...) and lone players. You already got the examples above, a few group of guys that try to kill a boss, a destroyer that attacks them get rekt, cries to his clan and a top silver ranger comes to whipe the starters. Fair? Nope. Me farming for days to get 350k adena to buy a brigandine helmet, others just need to go right and kill bosses all the time.
I think you are already understanding whats the problem here. We come to have fun not to be abused. I dont care if you have top s gear and solo antaras, give others space to enjoy the game little fucker?

30. May 2019 19:17:40

You been doing this for the longest time to keep the server empty. Waste people to your advantage so you can feel kings or gods in a fucking game where the only thing you need to do is waste time like a korean farmer. How disgraceful and pathetic.
We are back to regressive apes, lack of evolution and empathy.

30. May 2019 21:18:52

If you are sure that you are a great connoisseur of this game, then why don't you create your own clan and walk with this clan on raid bosses? Or why don't you join a good clan? Want to join my clan?

30. May 2019 23:24:13

I dont need to give explanations to a person who doesnt give a fuck.

31. May 2019 11:57:40

MarySue
On behalf of my friends…
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]

This is the era of the Middle Ages. There are no representatives of the power of judges and police. Who is stronger is right. To become strong, join clans or create your own. If you prefer to play solo the killing of RB you should not like to bother because it does take a group of people smiling smiley

31. May 2019 12:33:52

Sadly or gladly these are l2 game mechanics. Without even cheats and bugs you can have an advantage depending on the class, level and gear of your char, presence of necessary buff or the number of co-players.

How do you want to change it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31.05.2019 12:34:50 by Trorri.

31. May 2019 16:15:17

Interested who that "don" never seen him smiling smiley

31. May 2019 20:47:13

If a person is not able to learn how to put screenshots on the forum, can we be surprised that he blames anyone other than himself for his inability to farm raid bosses ?! Yes, and the veracity of the information contained in his post, it allows you to think ...

01. June 2019 02:14:07

Shielding behind "mechanics" lmao. Why do you think no one wants to waste 5 or more years of their lives just to get trashed in a game? Thats exactly why this game died and its filled with brainded apes looking the way to exploit and be abusive with any excuse at hand.

How fucking pathetic guys, what are you doing with your lives?

edit: keep on doing your shit, this server will never grow that way. Howmuch time for 100 players peak in a dedicated server? Isnt it enough proof for you?
There are plenty of games with direct pvp (like dota2 that im spending more time in there than l2), more insta fun, requires skill, awareness, etc etc etc. Get half brain at least apes, learn to think and be reasonable (i know its impossible but i try anyways ;p ).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01.06.2019 02:17:30 by syllabear3.

01. June 2019 03:48:03

syllabear3
Shielding behind "mechanics" lmao. Why do you think no one wants to waste 5 or more years of their lives just to get trashed in a game? Thats exactly why this game died and its filled with brainded apes looking the way to exploit and be abusive with any excuse at hand.

edit: keep on doing your shit, this server will never grow that way. Howmuch time for 100 players peak in a dedicated server? Isnt it enough proof for you?
There are plenty of games with direct pvp (like dota2 that im spending more time in there than l2), more insta fun, requires skill, awareness, etc etc etc. Get half brain at least apes, learn to think and be reasonable (i know its impossible but i try anyways ;p ).

DotA and L2 Absolutely different games. We call people like you is "crawfish" who have a curve hands smiling smiley)))))

01. June 2019 18:56:30

syllabear3

But you did not answer my question sad smiley

You want to change game mechanics? You must be a game developer.

You want to change humans? You must be a god.

You cant change nothing? Just accept it as it is or not

So i dont understand what you want really -)

P. S. Welcome to Planet of the Apes, my intelligent friend smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01.06.2019 19:01:08 by Trorri.

02. June 2019 04:19:35

cebrillion

DotA and L2 Absolutely different games. We call people like you is "crawfish" who have a curve hands smiling smiley)))))

Absolutly brilliant, ape... who could imagine that you can repeat what others say with diferent words, im amazed. Baby evolution steps, but there they are.

02. June 2019 05:30:33

Trorri

But you did not answer my question sad smiley

You want to change game mechanics? You must be a game developer.

You want to change humans? You must be a god.

You cant change nothing? Just accept it as it is or not

So i dont understand what you want really -)

P. S. Welcome to Planet of the Apes, my intelligent friend smiling smiley

Stop that braindead spacing...
Answer is simple: rules and enforcement of them. If you want to keep this server empty, keep it the same way. I give you enough points even for a person like you to understand why no one would invest time in a game like this... unless its enjoyable and worthy of spend your time on.

What is the first thing that comes to a normal person mind when is going to play a very slow rated server? Partying, meeting people and have fun, share things, makes strategies to bypass obstacles, make this farm game into something that can be fun and not repetitive, and all stuff that could make this game enjoyable and not stressing and boring.
What apes actually want: any way to take advantage and harass other players. Be cheating, exploiting, multiaccounting with proxy, abuse others in anyway and ruin their fun like pk, ks, retarded prices, taxing, anything related to raidbosses (monopolize, noobsbashing, camping with boxes etc etc etc etc), mocking with their comunist thinking and the list could go on.

Until now i barely experienced any of the good points in here but most of the bad points even some that i want to say right now right here because its not really worth. I lately didnt have any strength to log and spend even a hour. And yes, i said strength because the game turned so repetitive and boring with no fucking roles to be accomplished, its just you and your fucking box playing both like a fucking autist with his toys. This could go on forever for what? You wont be able to enjoy raid bosses or any of other content due to imbalance or apes.
---

Anyways i dont want to extend this because im wasting precious time i could be playing something fun... im genuinely curious: why do you call being a complete shithead "a game mechanic"???
Did you see that "exploit" that is bugging minions to kill the boss alone? Thats actually a game mechanics, not an exploit. Let me explain further: an exploit can be fixed or dealth with... this so called exploit looks like been here FOREVER. Monsters are behaving like they should, otherwise the ai would be improved to sort those obstacles or at least some shitty fix like they ignoring walls or objects to be able to fully interact with players but that never happened. Instead admin is banning anyone that execute this "exploit" just because these exploiters are shitheads knowing that is not right even when the game completly allows it to do for the longest time. So heres my question, why some game mechanics are punished and others do not even when players completly know that they are being shitheads and enjoying it without guilt? My opinion? Because it ruins the game fairness, but it could be more than that, who knows? So why shitheads behaving like shitheads using game mechanics to ruin game fairness or fun or whatever is okay for you? How would, as an experienced player, deal with it?
Well that was kinda a retarded question, you just say "its a gamu meshanic XDDDD".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02.06.2019 05:31:33 by syllabear3.

02. June 2019 11:18:59

Judging by what you are writing, your success in this game is extremely small. And you see that the successes of other players are many times greater than your achievements envy them. But if you alone can not achieve anything - why do not you join the clan. Being a member of the clan is easier and faster to find a party. And in the party it is safer to farm.

02. June 2019 14:17:24

Don't project your mind upon me, i barely ever feel envy. I already said this.
You are taking it seriously really wrong.
If i was forced to say what i could envy, is the ability from ones to endlessly farm like bots. I get sleepy after 10', literallly.

And to be trully honest, i found out something disturbing that cant really be handled. Since then i didn't really feel enjoyment playing l2.
This game is sadly destined to be appealing for apes, theres nothing anyone can do about it.

02. June 2019 19:55:30

"And to be trully honest, i found out something disturbing that cant really be handled." - You intrigued me ... What is it ?!

02. June 2019 22:47:39

Everyone knows it at this point, why acting it up? Even one dude accidentally ks'd one of my mobs and we were really nice to each other. More hints than this is impossible.

02. June 2019 23:08:16

syllabear3
Everyone knows it at this point, why acting it up? Even one dude accidentally ks'd one of my mobs and we were really nice to each other. More hints than this is impossible.
Bastard and crybaby smiling smiley Burn baby burn smiling smiley You here dont have futures smiling smiley Find game for you some ApesAge smiling smiley))

02. June 2019 23:12:21

cebrillion

Bastard and crybaby smiling smiley Burn baby burn smiling smiley You here dont have futures smiling smiley Find game for you some ApesAge smiling smiley))

Ey ape, are you mad at me? I can feel a lot of salt towards me coming from you.

Who said im leaving anyways?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02.06.2019 23:12:38 by syllabear3.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login