Click here to return to the Lineage II Firebird website

Coming C4 and olympiad rebalance?

Posted by VeryNice 
Coming C4 and olympiad rebalance?
22. August 2020 11:57:37

Soo.. Original lineage 2 c4 olympiad..

76+ 3rd proffesion done, nobless required to join.
Takes place every day for hours.
Heroes once a month with free S grade weapons with multiple SA, Hero skills (ud/bers/valor/debufs), noble passes (not very imbalanced becaused based of points).

For our server this means.. 1 ally has all heroes, because most(if not all) players 75+ are there, fine, but how can you challange that? You can't do olympiad solo, same you can't do boxes 1 vs another, so you need to join when everyone is doing oly and there comes the online problem. Even if you make 76+nobl you won't be able to catch people doing olympiad only if you arrange fights with them.

So the idea is: make olympiad on weekends same as sieges. Make it avaible for like 3-4 hours for 1/2 days.

And more crazy idea is to totally rebalance it. Remove hero weapons and lower the requirement to join to be like 70(60?50?)+lvl only.
Dunno how that would work with heroes beeing 2nd proff.. But in general that doesn't hurt whos already 75/75, anyway nobless is needed for more than just olympiad, same as 3rd proffesion and lvl. Just makes olympiad actually avaible for people and more fun. Surely strongest will win no matter what). Could also add some new rules: 1 person - 1 hero no matter what, so hero could be a reward for your playing not just some box for nobl passes. Another one would be: no fake fights are allowed.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 22.08.2020 12:33:39 by VeryNice.

Re: Coming C4 and olympiad rebalance?
22. August 2020 13:32:41

So Admin... you had a dream, uh? Good Luck! (a "Very Nice" future will wait for you... eye popping smiley)

22. August 2020 14:18:20

I also think that the theme is worthy of discussion, and will divide it into separate points:
1) Time limit. The comparison with sieges was correct. This must be the case if we want a fair Olympiad.
2) Limitation of 1 hero per player. An idea that fits well with the "philosophy" of this server.
3) Reducing the requirements for participation. Interesting thought, but requires balancing rewards. And this should be done only if you complete the 2nd point.
4) Administration, so that there are no fake battles. Desirable, but the most incredible item in terms of its implementation.

22. August 2020 22:53:32

1. Its full classic server
2. Feed on oly was always allowed at offical servers
For example ( how SE can win any class at oly on c4? )
3. Don't forget about different time zones when u saying about "avaible for like 3-4 hours for 1/2 days."
4. First heroes be people whom playing here few years, and u, who playing here few months, trying do some "embargo" cuz we stand more stronger then u? If u can't stay hero, its not reason to create this topic...
5. people who have two mains can't stay hero on both char ?why? If u can made two nooblesses, u have same option to do this, if u dont want - its your choice, but dont needed abuse another people who have another plan for a game here

23. August 2020 04:06:44

One side smiling smiley one dream smiling smiley

23. August 2020 10:31:03

Classic server?
We have a lot of differences from the classic server. For example:
1) Safe enchanting of armor and jewelry to +4
2) Limitation of 2 active windows
3) Now we have C3, but some skills work like in C4. For example Frenzy and Guts. In C3, they should work for 30 seconds and turn on at 10% HP. Now they work like in C4 - 90 seconds and turn on at 30% HP. Therefore, we have a destro-server for a year and a half. It would be universe fair if on C4 these skills would work how they must work on C3.
4) I dont seen no one x1 drop database on the network that matches to Firebird DB.

I will answer on another sentences later, if Very does not do it earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23.08.2020 10:31:42 by Shao.

23. August 2020 11:16:54

1)Even admin said long time ago what its not 100% but have big chance
2)At offical servers, long time ago, u can play at 2 window if u donate. that was when im playing there at c4
And at offical servers nobody forbade few heros for one alive person
Squeeze (Adventurer) maybe u know him, also have hero PP
And ofc full ally feed some oly point to make hero overlord,bishop and other supports,cuz its importnant hero for clan and ally
That my point, like my gear.
I can do with my gear all what i want, so why i can't do with olympiad points same? Its my points
3)Its not first my c3 server and at first time i hear about 30sec fr on 10%hp, any proofs?

23. August 2020 12:07:29

1) Many ppl say me about safe enchant to +4 for armor and jewelry. Its a reason, why i try to enchant too. And i have more then 40 succesfully attempts to +4 enchant, and no one fail. Maybe I'm very lucky, and those peoples too... maybe...
2) If you mean donate like a subscription, еvery player can play with unlimited windows. And that's not what we want to see here.
About feeds - its a question about Olympiad vision how battle tournament or just farm place.
3) Yes, I was a little mistaken for % in memory. So, here my proofs:
- eng C4 patchnotes: [l2industry.com]
- ru C4 patchnotes: [linedia.ru]
search "Frenzy" in text and you found:
"The prerequisite for using the Guts and Frenzy skills has been reduced and the duration extended. The HP requirement has changed from 20% to 30%, and the duration increased from 30 to 90 seconds."

23. August 2020 18:04:12

+4 Armor is only Garantee success for ONE peace armors su ch as Full plate. This was always the case in retail as well. All other armor/weapons is only guaranteed safe to +3. ^^

Other one-piece armor.

DC robe.
MJ Robe.
NM Armor.
etc. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23.08.2020 18:05:00 by Inudaw.

23. August 2020 18:42:42

Yes, its a classic rule for enchants. But I'm talking about all types armor: gloves, boots, helmets, gaiters, breastplates, etc...

23. August 2020 18:44:18

I know for a fact that people from our clan have blown plenty of armor's that are not one piece going from +3 to +4. grinning smiley

23. August 2020 18:47:13

In what chronicles was it?

23. August 2020 19:40:10

It was C2 that most the attempts were made. C3 have not tried many attempts beyond the full body armor enchants.

23. August 2020 20:17:08

So, now you have chance. As I said earlier, more than 40 of my successful enchants are at +4. Also, more than a hundred successful +4 enchants, but not by me. At the same time, there was no one fail. All enchants was in last half year.

24. August 2020 22:02:25

So... Olympiad...
We all have a different vision how it must be.
I don’t think I’ll be wrong if I say that the Olympiad was conceived by the developers as a combat tournament.
But... reality does not often converge with ideas. In reality, the Olympiad have become just a farming point.
And for farming, players have come up with a lot of different ways to simplify and manage this process:
- fill by allies
- creation of window fillings
- creating a queue for heroism within a clan / alliance
and also, especially for lightly populated servers:
- the agreed time will be of great importance

Is this waiting for us? Of course yes. Nobody is hiding it. Alas, this has become the norm.

Think about whether you want it or not?
Maybe it is worth making one or several changes on the server so that the Olympiad become closer to what the developers originally wanted to invest in it? Closer to what we can understand by the phrase "combat tournament".

It would be great to watch the battles and rejoice at someone's victories, or vice versa ... But all this will remain only in the imagination, if we do not change the classic version of the Olympiad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24.08.2020 22:04:52 by Shao.

25. August 2020 10:26:15

smiley
1. Its full classic server
2. Feed on oly was always allowed at offical servers
For example ( how SE can win any class at oly on c4? )
3. Don't forget about different time zones when u saying about "avaible for like 3-4 hours for 1/2 days."
4. First heroes be people whom playing here few years, and u, who playing here few months, trying do some "embargo" cuz we stand more stronger then u? If u can't stay hero, its not reason to create this topic...
5. people who have two mains can't stay hero on both char ?why? If u can made two nooblesses, u have same option to do this, if u dont want - its your choice, but dont needed abuse another people who have another plan for a game here

1. its not
2. boxes x20000 and bots were pretty much allowed when l2 was p2p only. lets do that here too? Any proffesion has a chance to win. For some cases its harded but thats the game. SE would need to have like 30 points to get hero, but OL would need like 300, seems tottally fair. Not like now every class is usefull)) pp/se/bd/sws/dwarfs/summoners/archers/ol/warc/dagers none of that is playable right now, not for decent gameplay anyway. Destros/mages for farm and other to afk exp or buff on box. Same would be classic olympiad: you can't get any fighs=> go offline=> repeat.
3. well its same for sieges, people doesn't seem to be having problems with that.
4. people who played here for years will be heroes anyway, but having each 5 heroes with 300k+ noble passses per 1x hero every month for free same as free S weapons is kinda stupid and there is not much point for any others players to play here anymore imho.It is not like 76++ geared people would be afraid of 70+ b grade joining) Just would make olympiad PLAYABLE. Don't get me wrong sir, im not about gear/lvl/any of this..10+ years l2 played every point of game explored and experienced. This is server for relax and fun, not for hording gear and trying to prove stuff to anyone.
5.Why i can't play 15 boxes? Why?Your "plan" is to get whole server in 1 ally and just afk get free stuff on "classic hardcore l2 server" it would just ruin the game for everyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25.08.2020 11:06:45 by VeryNice.

25. August 2020 10:54:56

smiley
1)Even admin said long time ago what its not 100% but have big chance
2)At offical servers, long time ago, u can play at 2 window if u donate. that was when im playing there at c4
And at offical servers nobody forbade few heros for one alive person
Squeeze (Adventurer) maybe u know him, also have hero PP
And ofc full ally feed some oly point to make hero overlord,bishop and other supports,cuz its importnant hero for clan and ally
That my point, like my gear.
I can do with my gear all what i want, so why i can't do with olympiad points same? Its my points
3)Its not first my c3 server and at first time i hear about 30sec fr on 10%hp, any proofs?

2. Wasn't it as many boxes as you want?)) And even 1st was for a price not f2p. Because there was a competition on oly, thats what oly is all about. Free hero oly? pffff better none at all. And you were allowed to use anything you can for your benefit. Here its aimed at "fair play", no bugs, no boxes, no bots, "classic l2"
I think i can do another pc with another ip and get 4 boxes. My opinion you know....But yeah its against the rules....Made up rules....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25.08.2020 16:24:52 by VeryNice.

26. August 2020 03:56:25

Olympiad would definitely ruin the server balance. People will get free weapon s with SA and enormous amount of nobless gate passes as all of you know every hero get his points + 300 nobless gate passes proportionally. But anyway thats what people playing in this server want , they just want one side and no competition. Any new player would be fully discouraged to join and start grinding this server. Olympiad will be a feedfest since everyone who is close to nobless is in one alliance. In addition, people will even manage to get hero on their afk boxes on many support classes , and 1 guy will get like 1kk nobless gate passes per month. Apart from oly , these people will get free epic jewels without any competition or pvp , and they will be full of epics. I personally will not continue playing the server there is just no point to do so. In general, features like Olympiad are made for servers with huge popularity , in order to offer some extra competition and motive for people to continue grinding , but definitely not for a 50 people server. After 1 month of c4 you gonna see people with hero weapons and epic jewels on them , farming in forge of gods and making 600-800k per train grinning smiley . GL trying to contest that . My proposal if you want to keep that server balanced during c4 : Keep olympiad system and remove all the rewards regarding hero weapons and nobless gate passes. In that way , old players will get honor of being hero without destroying the server balance and abusing the system.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26.08.2020 04:18:55 by over.

26. August 2020 11:41:32

Over.
Its not "free S weapon"
If its free, why not all do that?We all have same options in game.
We work for this all years, exping and gearing.

If u think what only hero stop us to get epic...We farm lilith even now, its not problem to get Sa 11-13 lvls
If u think what we cant get S weapons...
We right now can farm all S grade bosses
And with manor we have mats for their craft

I dont care about any noobles passes, u can delete this from game, i have a castle with all same things like enchants ans tonns skills books

U anyway see us after one month in full S and full Epic, rofl
Im rdy do 3st class at first day c4

26. August 2020 15:57:39

Well, until I'm not 100% sure on how to address the whole olympiad topic it will stay disabled.

27. August 2020 09:47:10

The Olympiad System have a wide potential as an element of gameplay.

24. September 2020 12:38:57

Why play on server x1, and require content to which you did not have time to reach?

If you want to participate in the Olympiad in 1 month, I think you are playing the wrong game ... You still require skills from the 3rd profession at level 40, or maybe RB is instantiated, otherwise it's not fair that everyone is farming on the same cd people. And castles without sieges, otherwise only those who play for more than a year and are dressed better win sieges. And clan halls are free, otherwise only those who managed to raise money for them have them ... This list can be continued, but then we will receive a description of a completely different game.

I, for 9 months, with long breaks, slowly reached the 56th level and enjoy the content that is available to me. Why can't you just play for fun and not whine about dishonesty?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24.09.2020 12:39:49 by SlshoK.

24. September 2020 14:00:11

What are you guys talking about? What is the sense of this topic anyways?

C4 is all about 3rd class and Olympiad games and it should be available from day 1. Same with Epic jewels etc. All the points I have red above are totally irrelevant. Or do you really think that Hero count and Hero weapons/buffs will rebalance the server.

You both guys who talking about rebalancing you are 60 lvl players and tent to be casual players. Not problem with that at all, everyone plays as much as they want, but the rest of us who like to enjoy the full potential of C4 would like to have Olympiad running.
So where is the rebalancing? The server DOES NOT have any pvp currently and even if it had... cmon seriously? We are talking about huge differences in lvls and gears here.

I expect Admin to give as a final date for Olympiad in which we will participate. And ONLY the ones have the lvls/sub and quest in place to be able to participate.

Most of you are talking without experience of retail server back in days when C4 went live. I was one of those players who killed one mob and become 76 lvl the day C4 launched and I still didn't have subclass due to major pvp fights for Bosses+Baium+QI drop spots. So I tell you this... In Devianne server (retail) NOT all classes had heroes for the first 3 months. Similar was for the rest of the servers. And yes during the first 6 months most of the hero count went to one side but when more people could join the Olympiad things changed.

Dear Admin I would like your opinion here. As it is now C4 is incomplete. I would understand if you wanted to give to other people the chance to catch a little bit on lvls/subs but 2-3 casual players can not dictate the course of the server and drive the rest of us to not enjoy for what we play for. And we play for the FULL potential of C4 chronicle.

P.S It will be VERY unfair for the rest of if your thoughts are to change the rules to join Olympiad games for players. You can't equivalent someone who plays 35-40 hours per week and actively killing RBs on spawn killing epics, exp more, trade more, doing sieges etc with someone who plays 10 hours per week and only exp from time to time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24.09.2020 14:06:20 by Nuria.

24. September 2020 14:16:46

Dear Admin, as I wrote in a previous comment: C4 will be your nightmare (and not your dream). Players here didn't know (or remember) about the "Dynamic experience" (as i did): why did you try to replicate that failure?

24. September 2020 15:09:33

Please see below... forgot to quote grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24.09.2020 15:11:22 by Nuria.

24. September 2020 15:10:56

over
Olympiad would definitely ruin the server balance. People will get free weapon s with SA and enormous amount of nobless gate passes as all of you know every hero get his points + 300 nobless gate passes proportionally. But anyway thats what people playing in this server want , they just want one side and no competition. Any new player would be fully discouraged to join and start grinding this server. Olympiad will be a feedfest since everyone who is close to nobless is in one alliance. In addition, people will even manage to get hero on their afk boxes on many support classes , and 1 guy will get like 1kk nobless gate passes per month. Apart from oly , these people will get free epic jewels without any competition or pvp , and they will be full of epics. I personally will not continue playing the server there is just no point to do so. In general, features like Olympiad are made for servers with huge popularity , in order to offer some extra competition and motive for people to continue grinding , but definitely not for a 50 people server. After 1 month of c4 you gonna see people with hero weapons and epic jewels on them , farming in forge of gods and making 600-800k per train grinning smiley . GL trying to contest that . My proposal if you want to keep that server balanced during c4 : Keep olympiad system and remove all the rewards regarding hero weapons and nobless gate passes. In that way , old players will get honor of being hero without destroying the server balance and abusing the system.

First of all please write us here your lvl. From your words I understand that your problem is not the oly and heroes as such but only that you can not participate and contest. So all your arguments are wrong in first place. If you want epic jewels nobody will stop you to lvl chars and farm them like we do. But you have to be prepare for pvp in order to get them. Epic jewels was a really good addition on C4 because of that very reason. Clans were fighting for those jewels. Same with hero. This requires time of course. If you do not have it it is totally fine. But then again we come to the argument of the time spent on this server. So your argument it is in reality just an excuse.

And again, what rebalancing are you talking about? I am Sword Muse and I can easy pvp and kill you solo. There is no rebalancing. Situation on the server is the same for the past year. Moreover, as you know already SmileyDevil and many more chars got ban. He literally left with one char and one heavy DC set. The char was NightAvenger and was like 60 lvl. He did not quit. He continue play and made all from start. It is just matter of goals and available time and how much you like to play in a great server.

If you want to find excuses is easy. I can tell you many. But this server is the closest in content to original L2 and it will be really a pity to change this now.

You all talking about one side blah blah blah. So let me explain you couple things:

1) SevenCrafts are not that active and they join the alliance major events like sieges etc which we much appreciate because they are great players and help us a lot with anything we need.
2) Dark Legion are fro US and playing during night time when we most likely sleep or doing RL things.
3) Warcry is the most active clan in server at the moment. Reason for that is that we enjoy playing together. We have our laughs and fights in discord voice channel, we have our fails and success too. It is just a game! And as it is a game we like to enjoy the full content. Thats all. Moreover we share gear if somebody needs it, we help all the lowbies or clanmates when they need.

So the issue here is not about heroes but how you play the game. If you play alone, then yes, you can't be noble simply because the game is designed like that by NCsoft to encourage parties.

In bottom line your and other casual players problem here is that you want to catch up. That is totally fine. But was always like that with new players. So instead of complaining you should probably either form a rival alliance or you can simply hit the required lvls and do the required raids and become noble. It is really simple as that. You can even negotiate help from others to help you with the required bosses and Baium for subclass. But being a 50 lvl player for 1 year and complaining is not appropriate. Like I said when people asking Admin 4 months ago when we will have C4... most of you who were asking that you were not even 60 lvl...

24. September 2020 15:48:31

We all joined this server knowing and expecting it to be : "the real deal" "the old experience" "untainted official rules and settings" and that a new chronicle is coming every couple of years.This is exactly why we are all here.
I don't see why we should change this, now, for ppl that obviously didn't think this through before joining and invest time and effort only to leave before even the die is cast.
Not to mention, tampering with the olympiad system in a server already striving to stick to official settings is a whole new can of warms on its own.
What history should be teaching us is that the ones to ignore it tend to repeat it. I believe we've all seen what cascades of issues occur after even minor tweaks. I'd like to believe Mark is rational and will see the diminishing returns of such endeavor.

24. September 2020 20:39:51

"Safe enchanting of armor and jewelry to +4" - Is this really SO ?! I can not be afraid and sharpen all my things from +3 to +4 ?! Is it true that it is safe to sharpen at +4 on this server ?!
"its not problem to get Sa 11-13 lvls" - You wrote a lie. For more than half a year now, my clan has been trying to buy a stone for akumen for his 64th spelsinger in order to insert it into an A-grade weapon. And during this time no one sold him to him! The last time I read his request to sell him such a stone was the day before yesterday. The fact that he began to rarely enter this server is due to the impossibility of acquiring such a stone! More than half a year could not buy it! Nobody! Absolutely no one agreed to sell him this stone! Do you realize that you are writing a lie or do you really have no idea what is happening on this server ?! Already this phrase of yours is enough to treat all your posts without trust!

24. September 2020 22:04:08

sirLeroi
I can not be afraid and sharpen all my things from +3 to +4 ?!
Yes, you can.

sirLeroi
"its not problem to get Sa 11-13 lvls" - You wrote a lie.
Lol. What?
Just like that:

In my opinion Smiley said that it was not a problem to get it, not to buy.

25. September 2020 08:05:33

As I said before, the main thing is to make the Olympics something different from a sad grind. At least try to do it.

We can of course talk about the imbalance on the server. Single sidedness. A large number of players who do not see the perspectives for their game and leave the game after several months of playing. But I think this topic is not about that.

The Olympics should be a fighting tournament. The Olympics should not be a dumb, quiet contract farming. Everyone should be able to watch interesting fights. And even a single noblesse should be able to fight. It is for these reasons that the Olympiad should be strongly limited in time.

As for the availability of the Olympiad for all characters 40+, 60+, or any expansion of the range. Of course, this can be interesting and promising, but it requires a very serious rework of the mechanics. I don't think the admin has such skills.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login