Click here to return to the Lineage II Firebird website

Screen Shot Event

Posted by warderion 
Screen Shot Event
26. March 2019 16:15:06

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to announce a screen shot event!

How it works: I post a screen shot from a certain location in game and you have to find the place. After you found the place - type command /loc into the chat window and then take a screen shot with your character in it from a DIFFERENT ANGLE (don't forget to type the /loc command before you take a screen shot. This is for me to be 100% sure that you were indeed at the correct place).

First person to post a screen shot with a correct place wins! But wait, that's not all! I've spoken with Admin and he agreed to give winners some small reward!

(Just in case - how to take a screenshot: press "PrintScreen" button and you're done. Screen shots are saved in your Lineage 2 SYSTEM folder. Once done - upload it to www.imgur.com and post the link here)

I think I'll be posting new screen shots once a week. Plenty of time for people to go exploring. Maybe every Monday or so. But without further ado, here is first screen shot. Let's start with something not too hard.

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26.03.2019 18:43:11 by Administrator.

Re: Screen Shot Event
28. March 2019 05:34:06

Since no one has yet answered, I will try. Palm trees hinted at the beach, but the gothic style of the tower confused me and at first I thought it was Giran. Running around the city, the castle and the harbor, I realized that I was wrong. So all the same, Heine. Fortunately, this turned out to be not far from the city (it is rather tiring to run without WindWalk eye rolling smiley ).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28.03.2019 05:37:16 by Jack.

28. March 2019 13:45:20

And you are absolutely correct! smiling smiley Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a first winner! Congratulations Jack and thank you for participating. Now it's Admin's move to dispatch you a reward smiling smiley

Next screenshot is coming on Monday!

p.s. made me chuckle reading that you got a bit confused, meaning it wasn't THAT easy grinning smiley By the way, there's a coat of arms of Heine on that obelisk, the lady with wings, where you stand right next to in your second screenshot (I believe it represents Goddess Eva). I thought it'd be a dead giveaway of the location grinning smiley Anyways, good job, truly. Thanks again for your participation smiling smiley

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

01. April 2019 13:40:24

Alright folks, new puzzle to solve. Once again don't forget to type /loc command before taking a screenshot.

Good luck smiling smiley

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

01. April 2019 16:53:51

\(^▽^)/

I decided to remove the first screenshot with the coordinates. Suddenly someone else to look for a place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01.04.2019 17:01:22 by Nifrel.

01. April 2019 19:59:36

Well that was fast grinning smiley Here I thought it might've been too vague, not enough to go on and it gets solved in only few hours time smiling smiley Good job, though from what I understand you don't want to claim a win? Even without coordinates it's clear the place is same...

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

02. April 2019 06:29:56

Yes. It was too easy for me. Since I was in the mono-racial role-playing clan of the Elfs for a long time, and in this place we often met, as in Heine, but while I got to the PC, Jack was ahead of me. Therefore, I waited for Monday to take the victory.

When I ran to the waterfall ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄▽ ̄)┘, I saw two Human mystics and I thought that they, too, run to this place (@^◡^), so I did not publish the coordinates in solidarity, because the way from Talking Island is rather big. But it probably seemed to me.
More indulgence will not.ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

I have a suggestion m(_ _)m. Make an alert in the game for 1 hour before giving the task on the forum. It seems to me that few people are sitting on the forum.

02. April 2019 10:01:38

"It seems to me that few people are sitting on the forum." - This is not true. Many (including me) are sitting on the forum.

02. April 2019 14:10:57

Well, seems like you still win this round Nifrel, so congratulations smiling smiley Admin should dispatch the reward to you at some point.
As for announcing the event in game before posting, yeah, I think it's a good idea. I'll do that next time, which is going to be next Monday.

p.s. Oh my, a role playing clan... Haven't seen anyone roleplaying in Lineage 2 EVER, and I've been in quite a few private L2 servers (never on an official one though, maybe there RP does exist, who knows). Sad really...

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

03. April 2019 18:49:41

warderion
As for announcing the event in game before posting, yeah, I think it's a good idea. I'll do that next time, which is going to be next Monday.
Thx (@^◡^)
Who dares to take away my victory next Monday?
Do you think you can?
┐(︶▽︶)┌
Mwah ha ha. You will not succeed.
ヾ(`ヘ´)ノ゙
Larak, the hypersonic orc overtakes everyone.
。。。┌ (# ̄0 ̄)┘
。。。ミヽ(。><)ノ ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(: ̄- ̄)┘
┌ (; °ロ°)┘

warderion
maybe there RP does exist, who knows
Unfortunately, I do not know. With the help of web.archive.org, it was possible to find only disconnected fragments of the past.
(。•́︿•̀。)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03.04.2019 19:10:45 by Nifrel.

08. April 2019 20:09:58

And so comes another Monday with another screenshot. Quite an innocent place, or so you'd think, before you look what's inside that well behind Morgred. What is happening at that house? Or maybe it's best that we don't know...

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

08. April 2019 20:47:10

08. April 2019 21:49:17

Damn, that was fast again grinning smiley Too easy huh? Well just you wait for the next one (I hope...) grinning smiley

At any rate, congratulations Kiko! Claiming reward goes as follows: simply send a PM to Admin once you see him IN GAME online.

Thanks for participation. Next screenshot once again - next Monday.

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

09. April 2019 08:21:44

Congratulations to Kiko and the Timak Orc group. <(⁀ᗢ⁀)>
Larak, a clumsy Orc, twisted his ankle and Nifrel had to run in his place.
All because Nifrel went to the store to pick up a dress, Divotion looks disgusting. What would not flood here, a report on how I did not have time to reach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09.04.2019 08:26:01 by Nifrel.

09. April 2019 12:52:20

Ha! Awesome report, made me smile smiling smiley Thanks for that Nifrel and best of luck to Larak with his ankle smiling smiley

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

15. April 2019 18:48:50

And here comes another Monday, once again time for another screenshot. Now, I know that place has several of those monuments in a close proximity, so I think it'd be only fair to do so that ANY one of them counts, as in you don't have to be next to the same monument that my character is next to. I mean they're all identical, hard to know which one I'm standing next to and such... Still, don't forget to do the /loc command before taking your screenshot.

Good luck smiling smiley

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

15. April 2019 19:38:01

15. April 2019 20:00:13

Dang it! Too easy again? grinning smiley Congratulations Seraph smiling smiley Please PM Admin IN GAME once you see him online for a reward (unless you don't want any).

*mumbles* I should find some more difficult places...

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

15. April 2019 20:16:00

I had no idea where that was but the compass made it too easy. Looking south, sea in the background, that rule out 99.9% of the map. I just walked to the few possible candidates.

Hide your compass on the next screenshot :p

15. April 2019 21:05:23

Seraph
Hide your compass on the next screenshot :p

*facepalm* Live and learn, eh? Guess from now on I will...

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

15. April 2019 21:40:35

Seraph, how did you enabled system chat as a separate window? I could not find the button.

15. April 2019 22:34:18

In later chronicles, it's in the Chat Window Options, it's not in C3/C4.

System > Options > Game > check "System Message Window"

16. April 2019 13:37:16

Looking south, sea in the background, that rule out 99.9% of the map. I just walked to the few possible candidates.
Wow, Separh, that's smart! eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17.04.2019 01:09:07 by Kiko.

16. April 2019 21:51:44

Seraph, thank you very much)

22. April 2019 18:27:22

Alrighty, another Monday - another screenshot. Here's hoping this time it won't be too easy smiling smiley

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

23. April 2019 17:49:45

23. April 2019 17:59:05

This one could be harder to recognize

23. April 2019 18:56:10

You guys sure seem to know places in the game, huh? smiling smiley Alright Trust, PM Admin in game for a reward (if you want any). As for your screenshot, I actually do know where it is winking smiley

Anyways, next screenshot from me next Monday.

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

29. April 2019 18:21:27

Alright, another Monday, another screenshot. As always, don't forget to type the /loc command before you take your screenshot for submission. Good luck smiling smiley

Characters:

Morgred
Lunaria
Hilya
Flauros
Anima
Sonja

04. May 2019 00:00:45

^_^ I did not do much hunting here but its I like this place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login